The Deterioration of Civil Right under the Influence of Wartime Propaganda
By Germar Rudolf
- What kind of a country is it where a considerable part of the people think, singing their national anthem could be forbidden
- What country is it where folksingers might be put in jail for singing peaceful songs?
- What kind of a country is it where a mother of five gets a prison term for having sold one CD with peaceful music on it?
- What country is it where a pastor raising his national flag in his church would get kicked out of his parish for being an extremist?
- What country is it where somebody raising his country’s flag would be harassed by his neighbors for being an extremist?
- What country is it where a teacher suggesting that all students should sing the national anthem first thing every morning would lose his job for being an extremist?
- What country is it where showing uncompromised flags of its past is considered a threat to “public peace”?
- What country is it where people can get fined for raising an arm to wave their hands at a person?
- What country is it where people can be fined for collecting and displaying full-scale models of historical weapons?
- What country is it where one can be fined or sent to jail for showing symbols and insignia that have been, and still are, used in many cultures for centuries and millennia?
- What country is it where a professor who writes his disbelief about certain historical events in a footnote, written in Latin, in a scholarly anthology can be prosecuted and threatened with jail?
- What country is it where a judge, writing a well-founded, but highly controversial book on historical topics, sees his book confiscated and burned, his pension cut, and his PhD title withdrawn as a result of this?
- What country is it where a highly renowned historian writing a well-founded book of his country’s history can be threatened with prosecution because what he found out is not liked by the authorities?
- What country is it where a professor criticizing internationalism can be kicked out of his job, harassed, prosecuted and driven into suicide?
- What country is it that sends a historical dissenter to prison for more than two years just because he published peaceful, scholarly historical material?
- What country is it that denigrates, defames and humiliates its war veterans to such a degree that finally one of them burns himself publicly in protest against what he calls a “Niagara flood of lies” against his generation?
- What country is it that outlaws the commemoration of such a self-sacrifices and punishes everybody who dares to publish this man’s last appeal?
- What country is it where well-founded, heavily footnoted books on political and historical topics, authored by academics with plenty of credentials, can be confiscated and burned by the authorities?
- What country is it where authors, editors, publishers, printers, wholesalers, retailers, importers and exporters, warehouses, and customers buying more than two copies of a certain medium can be prosecuted for producing, stocking, importing/exporting, distributing dissenting political and historical literature?
- What country is it that hides from its citizens, which media are outlawed, so that one cannot possibly know whether or not one commits a crime when distributing such media?
- What country is it where judges are threatened with prosecution because they did not punish political and historical dissenters harshly enough?
- What country is it that outlaws the introduction of exonerating evidence?
- What country is it that prosecutes defense lawyers if they try to introduce exonerating evidence on behalf of their clients?
- What country is it that does not keep records of what is said and is happening during trial proceedings?
- What country is it that has institutions designed to conduct political trials?
- What country is it that has a huge spy agency designed to snoop on opposition groups?
- What country is it where members of certain political opposition groups considered constitutional can nevertheless be deprived of some of their civil rights?
- What country is it that, according to experts, will be a totalitarian state very soon, if things keep developing as they did so far?
- What country is it where even the mainstream media admit that this country is in a state of hysteria while persecuting political dissidents?
- What country is it where the head of state asks for children to spy on their parents and parents to spy on their children to make sure they do not harbor unwanted political views?
- What country is it where authorities and the public declare publicly to fight everything that is deemed to be politically on the right?
- What country is it where the authorities declare that half of their population deserves to be ostracized for harboring political views?
- What country is it that is proud of conducting more than 10,000 criminal prosecutions against persons for having committed peaceful “thought crimes”?
- What is the country in the world with the second harshest censorship after China?
What country would that be???
The correct answer is: